Gain the knowledge and insights to make more informed investment decisions in the Australian housing market
The Difference is Independent Research
by Dr. Kevin Hoang, property analytics leader (PhD in Economics and Econometrics, UNSW)
We offer data-driven analytics solutions to empower informed decisioning in the housing market
We provide training courses in housing market economics and analytics to enable turning data to insights
Housing Market Data Report provides up-to-date trends and analysis about the Australian housing market based on multiple data sources as follows:
- Market cycle analytics for capital cities: long-term trends and current cycle phase
- Housing price: median prices, accumulation of price change, number of transfers, value of dwelling stock
- Housing finance: cash rate, new loan commitments, loan size, household wealth
- Housing supply: number of dwelling approvals and completions, number of transfers
- Population changes: overseas migration, interstate migration, natural population change, population projections
Residential real estate underpins Australia’s wealth: $9.6 trillion or 56% of household wealth is held in housing, $500 billion worth of real estate is transferred per year. The housing industry employs 1.4 million jobs and generates billions of dollars in tax revenue to the state and federal governments.
There is a growing demand for real estate professionals to be equipped with contemporary tools and analytical frameworks to enable turning data to actionable insights, amid property data is becoming increasingly available to the public.
HousingMarketAustralia.com is proud to offer the first data analytics and modelling course dedicated to analysing the Australian housing market: Housing Market Analytics: Turning Data to Insights.
Students will learn the theories of housing market economics and the analytical frameworks to gain in-depth knowledge about the dynamics of the Australian housing market, learn how to use data and modelling techniques to value property, use data analytics to forecast the future trends of the key market indicators, and carry out data-driven due diligence for any property or a sub-market.
This course is designed and delivered by Dr. Kevin Hoang, who has earned a PhD in economics from the University of New South Wales (UNSW) and has possessed years of experience in the domain of the Australian housing market analytics.
No prior coding skill is required to enrol in this course. The demonstration of analytical approaches will be carried out by Excel and other specialised software.
- Possessing a good knowledge of mathematics or statistics at high school level
- Proficiency in working with Excel
- No coding skill is required
- No prior experience or training in real estate is required
- A positive mind to learn data-driven techniques for informed decision making
- Property professionals
- Property investors
- Home buyers
- Property developers
- Fund managers
- Policy makers
- Financial analysts
- Anyone who wants to learn competitive edge in real estate data analytics
- Comprehensive coverage of analytical techniques and frameworks used in the property industry: valuation, forecasting and risk management
- Learn through hand on working with real world data sets, no coding skills are required
- Overview of the long-term trends, and the key drivers that will drive the market in the future
- Developing analytical skills in working with property data, and turn it to insights for confident decisioning
- Make more informed property investment decisions to maximise returns and minimise risks
- Start date: any time
- Location: online
- Secured learning management system: streamlined registration, interactive videos and slides, self-pace learning and secure fee payment by Stripe